$25 Mother’s Day 2013 Sweepstakes Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The $25 Mother’s Day 2013 Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to current legal residents of the United States Counties of Island, Skagit and Whatcom within the State of Washington and legal residents of the Province of British Columbia, Canada, who are at least 18 years of age and have internet access as of the Sweepstakes Start Date ("Entrants"): Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Bellingham Herald, 1155 N. State Street Bellingham, WA 98225. Void where prohibited by law. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives of Sponsor, the promotion and advertising agencies of any aforementioned entity, and their immediate family members and those living in their household, and each person or entity connected with the production or administration of the Sweepstakes, and each parent company, affiliate, subsidiary, agent and representative of any aforementioned entity ("Sweepstakes Entities") are not eligible.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. PST (Pacific Standard Time) on April 29th, 2013 ("Sweepstakes Start Date") and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on May 9th, 2013 (the "Sweepstakes End Date") (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Period"). During the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will conduct one sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes").
Sweepstakes Deadlines ("Deadlines")
May 9th, 2013 at 11:59 AM PST
3. HOW TO ENTER. Online Entries Only. Only one (1) entry per natural person. In order to be eligible to win, Entrants must sign up to receive Sponsor’s dealsaver emails and become a dealsaver Member; signing up and membership is free at http://bellingham.dealsaver.com. You may enter Sweepstakes as follows: during the Sweepstakes Period, some dealsaver Members and subscribers to the dealsaver Bellingham email newsletter, will receive an invitation to complete a brief online survey. You must enter your email address, the same email address matching your dealsaver Member account, on the survey page provided and submit the survey once complete. By signing up to receive dealsaver emails and becoming a dealsaver Member who has completed the survey with your email address during the Promotion Period, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Only one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes per person is allowed. Entries received by Deadline will be entered in the drawing. Online entries must be received by the Sweepstakes End Date, as determined by the computer time on Sponsor's server. Entrants must provide truthful and valid information, including a valid email address. No hand, mail-in or e-mail deliveries will be accepted. None of the Sweepstakes Entities are responsible for late, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise unintelligible Submissions and for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Entrants may encounter when submitting their Submissions. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or otherwise illegible Submissions are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Sponsor will not verify receipt of submissions. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the e-mail account governing the e-mail address was opened. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
4. ODDS. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
5. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION. Each qualified entry will be entered into random drawings for prizes to take place on or about the dates listed in the table below. During the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will conduct one (1) drawing (“Drawing") of all qualified entries received by Deadline to determine one (1) potential winner ("Selected Contestant").
Drawing (approximate date): May 10th, 2013.
The Selected Entrant will be notified by phone or email in Sponsor's discretion. The Selected entrant will be required to respond (as directed) within 72 hours of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate chosen Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. The Selected Entrant may also be sent an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release ("Release"). Except where prohibited by law, Selected Entrant must allow Sponsor to use his/her name, likeness and hometown for marketing purposes. The Selected Entrant's name may be published in any McClatchy publications, as well as any affiliated publications, websites and/or social media pages in the form of a first/last name and hometown. Unless restricted by law, the Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. An alternate Selected Entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if a Selected Entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to sign the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. The prize will then be confirmed to the Selected Entrant by email to the email address submitted on the survey form and funds credited to the Member's dealsaver.com account. Assumed notification by caller ID and any subsequent returned calls do not constitute a winner.
6. PRIZE. One $25 dealsaver credit for use on http://bellingham.dealsaver.com will be awarded to Selected Entrant. Selected Entrant is not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value of prize and stated ARV and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Selected Entrant is solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on the Prize and other unspecified expenses related to the Prize. All activities related to the Prize are at the Selected Entrant's own risk and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern activities. All Sweepstakes entries are subject to verification prior to awarding of any prize. If prize is awarded but goes unclaimed or is forfeited by recipient, the prize may not be re-awarded, in Sweepstakes Entities' sole discretion.
7. CONDITIONS. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant. Except where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant's entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use said winner's full name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with this Sweepstakes on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, Selected Entrant agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Selected Entrant also agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, The McClatchy Company, Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents ("Releasees") from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. Releasees shall not be liable to the Selected Entrant for failure to supply any Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond any of the Releasees' control. The Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. Use of any automated system to participate is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor may disqualify at its sole discretion any entries it believes are created by an automated system.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes. You may not enter with multiple identities or use any system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Washington. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. WINNER'S LIST AND SWEEPSTAKES RULES. To obtain a copy of these official rules or a winners' list within 90 days of the close of the Sweepstakes, send your request and a self-addressed stamped envelope to: dealsaver.com Sweepstakes, 1155 N. State Street Bellingham, WA 98225. The Selected Entrant name(s) will be sent once the Selected Entrants have been verified and all prizes have been awarded.